It prompts that the username and password are false when the PPPOE users under MA5200F dial, but it is confirmed that both username and password are normal.
1. Check local user account at MA5200F and it agrees with the account entered by user, indicating that the account is normal.
2. Capture packets at client.
3. After the analysis of capture packets, it is found that PADI and PADR at PPP discovery stage are sent to illegal authentication server, not MA5200F. PADO packets are returned by illegal server. So it indicates that user password is false.
4. Remove illegal authentication server and the problem is solved.
It prompts the username and password are false when PPPOE users dial up. We often consider if the username and password match or not; if the account is normal, it is suspicious that an illegal authentication server exists.
1. It is not suggested to connect a router with both authentication and DHCP functions.
2. Configure VLAN isolation at the lower layer switch under MA5200F, and one port enables one VLAN, narrowing the range of influence.
3. It is suggested to use Ethernet500 dial-up software and choose correct access concentrator.