The dial of terminal L2TP of one sports lottery sales place at MA5200 fails. Changes laptop dial and there is no problem. Use this terminal at other equipments, it is not problematic. Besides, DSLAM broadband user under MA5200 can access network normally.
1. DSLAM broadband user at MA5200 can access network normally, so there is no problem of hardware, transmission cable and cable media of MA5200E.
2. Broadband user can access network normally. L2TP dial at PC succeeds. L2TP data configuration at MA5200 is normal.
3. Use it under other equipments and it is not problematic. Sports lottery service can be started. The terminal is not problematic.
4. Check trace and it does not pass at LCP period. Client responds several NAK or REJECT packet and it interrupts. When client and MA5200 have ppp negotiation, it refuses negotiation packet of MA5200.
5. At sports lottery terminal connect HUB and capture packet. The requirement of negotiation check of PPP packet during LCP period is PAP, but MA5200 refuses PAP check and enters handling of NCP period. There is no packet interaction of authentication in the middle. So dial fails.
6. Check data configuration of MA5200. PPP authentication module is not set at VT configuration. MA5200 is defaulted as CHAP authentication, but sports lottery terminal only supports PAP. So negotiation fails. Dial at PC generally supports CHAP/PAP, so test with PC is normal.
7. Enter interface Virtual-Template1 at MA5200, change check as PAP (command: ppp authentication-mode pap). At sports lottery terminal L2TP dial succeeds.
If MA5200 is not configured with authentication under virtual module, most of version are defaulted as chap. But sports lottery terminal only supports pap. Enables LCP negotiation, sports lottery terminal does not accept CHAP check and recognizes there is no need to authenticate. So user's authentication fails.
Earlier MA5200 version has virtual module default check as PAP. For later versions, service failure may occur after it upgrades. Change check ways at virtual module.