The MA5200G terminate the PPPoE session of IPTV users, but customer feedback that some IPTV users can not access the middle-ware(EPG) after they dialed up a few hours, and the users can see the programs normally.
The duration between user dialed up and off line is uncertain.
1. Remove idle-cut command under the IPTV domain.
2. Observe the IPTV user online information more than 1 hour, the service change to normal, no user be cut by MA5200G.
1. Check the user access information on MA5200G, but there's no obvious error information, just on line user information and detail information of IPTV user is normal.
2. Check the IPTV domain information on MA5200G, we found this information under this domain:
Idle-data-attribute (time,rate) : 60 minute, 1 Kbyte/minute
3. Check the IPTV domain configuration, we found one command:
idle-cut 60 1
Conclusion and cause:
Normally the idle-cut command is used in ADSL and other services, when a user access rate below the parameter you configured within the period, it will be cut off line, this function is used for save user's money and equipment capbility.
But IPTV user just use PPP session to make authentication and access middle-ware(EPG), this traffice is very low and only occured when user change channel and access EPG, this action is un-frequently.
TV channel traffice is multicast, this multicast traffice is not calculated by idle-cut command, this traffic is not included in PPP session.
So according to this configuration, the IPTV users will be cut by MA5200G if they don't access EPG or change channel within one hour.
For IPTV service, don't configure Idle-cut command in the IPTV user domain, because the PPP traffice is very low and un-frequently, and there's no accounting function for TV service normally.