NE Creation Fails and the System Displays an Error Message Indicating that the NE Does Not Respond
Publication Date: 2012-07-23Views: 83Downloads: 0
When an NE is added to the VSM, the system displays an error message indicating that the NE does not respond.
Do as follows to check whether the DCN between the VSM and NE is faulty:
1. Run the ping command to check the network connectivity between the VSM and NE.
2. Rectify the fault according to the on-site situation.
Do as follows to check parameter settings on the VSM and NE:
1. Check the settings of communication parameters (IP address and gateway) on the VSM.
2. Check the settings of communication parameters (IP address, ID, extended ID, and gateway) on the NE.
3. Check whether the SNMP parameters set during NE creation are consistent with those set on the NE.
1.The DCN between the VSM and NE is faulty.
2.Communication parameters are incorrectly set on the VSM or NE.