What If the Password for the Console Port Is Forgotten?
Select a method as shown in Table 2-1 accordingly.
Table 2-1 Method of retrieving the password for the console port
Log in to the device through Telnet and change the password for the console port.
1. Log in to the device as a Telnet user with level-3 management permission.
2. Change the password for the original console user or create a new console user (through the same command).
# Set the user name for the console port to admin and password to Admin@123.
[sysname] user-interface console 0
[sysname-ui-console0] authentication-mode local user admin password cipher Admin@123
3. Run the save command to save the configurations. Then you can use the new user name and password to log in to the system through the console port.
Rename the current configuration file to retrieve the password by starting the device in factory default configuration mode.
1. In the hidden menu, enter the sequence number of Rename File to rename the configuration file in use.
Please input the file name you want to rename:vrpcfg.zip
Please input the target file name:vrpcfg1.zip
Rename <vrpcfg.zip> to <vrpcfg1.zip> ...Done
Select the sequence number of Display Flash Files to view the files in the current system and confirm the name of the configuration file.
2. Enter the sequence number corresponding to Exit. The BootROM main menu is displayed.
3. Enter the sequence number corresponding to Reboot to restart the system.
Because the configuration file for startup is unavailable, the system starts in factory default configuration mode.
4. Log in to the system with the default user name admin and password Admin@123.
5. Check the password for the console port in the current configuration and record the information to the local .txt file.
"]MQ;4\]B+4Z,YWX*NZ55OA!!" is the cipher text of default password Admin@123.
6. Change the password for the console port by modifying the configuration file and then start the device with the original configuration file.
1)Download the renamed configuration file in the hidden menu to the local through FTP, open it using the Notepad, and then locate the place where to change the password for the console port (the *.zip file can be opened after decompressed).
− If cipher is configured, change the password to "]MQ;4\]B+4Z,YWX*NZ55OA!!", that is, Admin@123. Then save the configuration file.
Check whether the following information is displayed and modify the password text.
authentication-mode local user admin password cipher ]MQ;4\]B+4ZY!U6L"B8W^Q!!
If the previous information is not displayed, modify the corresponding password text.
local-user admin password cipher ]MQ;4\]B+4ZY!U6L"B8W^Q!!
− If simple is configured, you can view the original password.
2)Upload the modified configuration file to the device through FTP.
3)In the user view, run the delete command to delete the renamed configuration file. delete vrpcfg1.zip
%Deleting file flash:/vrpcfg1.zip.......Done!
4. Run the reboot command to restart the device. After the device is restarted, log in with the new password.
At this time, the configuration file is restored to the one before password reset, and only the password is changed.