How can I change the port mode of a Fibre Channel port on the VTL servers?
Product and version: VTL6000 V100R003
The VTL6000 server has two port modes: P2P and LOOP. Set the port mode to P2P if the VTL6000 server is connected to a backup server through switches, and set the port mode to LOOP if the VTL6000 server is directly connected to a backup server.
1. Log in to the VTL6000 server using a Secure Shell (SSH) tool.
The default IP address is 192.168.10.1, user name root, and password Admin@storage.
2. On the command-line interface (CLI), run the vi /usr/local/vtl/etc/fshba.conf command.
3. Press i to enter the edit mode and reset connection_option-hba.
The value 1 indicates P2P, and 0 indicates LOOP.
4. Enter :wq ! to save the setting and exit the edit mode.
5. Run the service network restart command to restart the VTL6000 server.