After upgrading OSN 1500's SSQ1CXL1611 to 184.108.40.206, and hard-resetting the board, the board enters BIOS mode. Login to NE with T2000 is impossible and OptiX Navigator 5.6 shows the following comment:
NEBIOS is running. Download NESOFT please!
First, check version matching table and review the documents, needed for upgrading. All of the steps below are running in OptiX Navigator:
A (First way):
1. If the NE already has nesoft and it's booted, go to step 2. Otherwise, if ne is in BIOS mode, first upgrade it to R1 versions, for the NE to be booted to a stable
2. Now the NE is booted with R1 version and it's working normally. Referring to upgrading documents, first upgrade the inactive NSF to the new R3/R2 version.
3. Run the following command to rename (copy) the "ne1500q1.ini" to "ne.ini":
4. After upgrading the inactive NSF, switch the NSFs with the following command:
5. After the NE is successfully booted with the new upgraded nesoft, follow the upgrading steps according to upgrading guide, but remember to rename
the "ne1500q1.ini" to "ne.ini" after upgrading each nesoft.
Hint: you could copy all of the files from the upgraded nesoft to the other nesoft and also to the standby SCC(CXL), by using "sftm" commands.
B (Second way):
The second way is renaming/copy the file on your own laptop. Instead of renaming the file with "sftm" command. You could rename the "ne1500q1.ini" to "ne.ini"
on your laptop, before upgrading; and then, download it to the NE.
After upgrading and HardReset, since the ne.ini will exist on the NE while booting, there will be no problem and booting is normal.
So, 1. rename the file on your laptop to "ne.ini", 2. upgrade the NE according to upgrade guide of OSN 1500.
The previous working version on the NE was "220.127.116.11" and wanted to be upgraded to "18.104.22.168". Comparing two versions, we find out that the first working
version is R1 and the upgrade version is R3.
In NG-SDH system's SCC unit, after booting from basic BIOS, it will check configuration file (*.ini). In R1, it supports "ne.ini" as configuration file; but after R2, filename is changed to "ne1500q1.ini" and the NE cannot find any "ne.ini" for booting. So, we must rename "ne1500q1.ini" to "ne.ini". In handling process, there're two different
ways for doing this and upgrading to R3 (or R2).
There're differences between R1 and R2/R3 softwares. While upgrading to R2 or R3 from R1, we must take heed to change the filename to ne.ini. If we don't
do this, then the NE can't boot and will enter BIOS mode.
The general commad, which should run before hard-resettig on the NE, is:
Also, there's another way, which is renaming the file on the laptop, and then download it to the NE.