The transmission device exists between two GE interfaces of NE40s. NE40A cannot be directly connected to NE40B. The optical module is 10km single-mode module. The sent and received light are normal. Data configuration at both ends is normal. Services of other interfaces are normal.
NE40 version is Version 3.10, RELEASE 2321.
1. Packets can be pinged sometimes. When the first packet cannot be pinged at local end, the packets cannot be pinged during a period. Debug test is needed: The local end pings the remote end and te mo is enabled. The alarm can be viewed:
PING 22.214.171.124: 56 data bytes, press CTRL_C to break
Slot= 2 M= 7 S= 0 T=23:14:36 Ticks=0xadc2904d DEC=143158 L=0 ARP's Error : No M
atch Gateway IP !
Slot= 2 M= 7 S= 1 T=23:14:36 Ticks=0xadc2904d DEC=133981 L=0 ARP's Error : ARP
PDU Verify error...
Request time out
ARP entries cannot be learnt. Check whether ARP of directly connected interface is abnormal.
2. Check packet loss of NP from diag information.
Discard[ 39]= 9880, reason: IP header length error, packet length is faulty. Check whether packet length is changed.
3. Further check NP statistics of NE40s at both ends. Test NE40A to check the problem.
At the inbound direction of NP, check the status of No. 31 register of NP in slot 2.
[NE40_A-diag]nps regv 2 31
00 E0 FC 39 B5 A6 00 E0 FC 12 EA 15 08 00 00 54
At the outbound direction of NP, check No. 31 register of NP in slot 2.
[NE40_A-diag]nps regv 2 31 2
00 E0 FC 39 B5 A6 00 E0 FC 12 EA 15 08 00 45 B8 00 54
After NP sends the packet, 2 bytes of packet header are lost on intermediate NE40.
The transmission device changes IP packet header. Change the board and the problem is rectified.
1. Check whether ARP entries of both ends are normal. ARP entries are instable.
2. Check whether NE40 discards packets.
3. Check whether the fault occurs during the transmission.