DMS - NE40 - Eudemon500
The DMS monitors Datacom devices through the NE40. The 16FE board on the NE40 connects the Eudemon500. When you ping the address of the Eudemon500 from the DMS, there is alarm of no response.
When you ping the management address of the Eudemon500 from the DMS, there is alarm of no response.
1. Log in to the DMS. When the alarm occurs, the link between the NE40 to the Eudemon500 and the firewall icon are grey. The Eudemon500 is not taken over by the DMS.
2. Ping the directly connected interface address to the Eudemon500 from the NE40. The packet loss occurs and the packet loss ratio reaches about 4%. When the DMS reports the alarm, great packet loss occurs on the link and the packet loss ratio reaches about 20%. You cannot telnet the Eudemon500 on the NE40.
3. Check parameters of interfaces at both ends of the NE40 and the Eudemon500. There are many error packets that are CRC errors at the input direction of the Eudemon500 and the error packets are increasing. There is no error packet at the incoming and outgoing directions of the router. Changes interfaces at both ends as forcible or auto-negotiation. The negotiation of parameters is normal.
4. Change the physical link and the problem still exists. It indicates that the link is normal.
5. Ping the IP address of the interface of the NE40 from the laptop. Packets are discarded. Ping the address of the Eudemon500 from the laptop. No packet is discarded and no error packet occurs on the interface. It indicates that the Eudemon500 is normal.
6. Use the idle interface of the board of the NE40 for test and the problem persists. Test interfaces of the board. It is found that packet loss occurs on most of interfaces.
7. Through the location of R&D, the main reason is that the logical version of the 16FE board of the NE40 is too low. The version need be upgraded.
8. Upgrade the NE40 and there is no packet loss. The problem is solved.
The logical version of the 16FE board of the NE40 is V017 which is too earlier. If the logical version of the 16FE board is lower than V021, the packet loss occurs. The packets sent by the interface of the board include error packets. When the board connects other devices, packets are discarded greatly during ping operation. The peer device receives a large number of CRC packets. This is because the clock signal sent by IDT2510 clock driver on the 16FE board is low and affects the signal quality of the board. Packet loss occurs on some boards.
The boards produced after January 2006 have no such problem. For previous boards, you can upgrade the host system software package to 232113 or later versions of 2326SP01. Then the logical version can be upgraded to V021 automatically.