1. Due to meet the network system requirement, the customer has upgrade all of the Quidway NE40-4 router software version in their network to this software version V300R300C01B213.
2. The customer used Huawei NMS iManager n2000 to manage the network, and the NMS is working fine. But beside Huawei NMS , customer also use another NMS integrated with Huawei devices.
The non-huawei NMS is used for monitoring purpose, and having a major problem regarding the "uptime information" data retrieval from the NE40-4 router with the V300R300C01B213 software version.
3. Customer claims that after upgrade to the software version to V300R300C01B213, when they enter the "display version" command on the NE40-4 router,it cannot display the full parameters of Uptime information.
4. Normal Parameters :-
Quidway NetEngine 40-4 uptime is x weeks, x days, x hours, x minutes
But the software version V300R300C01B213 can only display Parameters :
* the week parameter is missing. Incomplete uptime information.
So this is the issue in the NE 40-4,and it only happen in customer router with this software version V300R300C01B213.
Customer need to have the complete uptime information for the NON-Huawei NMS data retrieval and data capture.
1. Confirm the customer to configure the NTP and synchronize the time zone all the clock on their devices and NMS but the issues still occur.
2. Contact the SME Dept and request for confirmation regarding this issue.Receive confirmation from Huawei HQ engineer that the software version release V003R300C01B213 cannot display the week parameter.
3. Solution propose to customer
-The customer will need to upgrade the software version on the NE40-4 to the latest version release or need to wait for the patch that fix this issue, but for the fix patch the customer need to wait until the patch is release.
- The NE40-4 router software version can be downgrade to the software release that provide the complete uptime information parameter which can integrate with the NON-Huawei NMS.
1. Referring to the documentation on the software version V300R300C01B213 release notes from Huawei support website does not provide the information needed. No information regarding the uptime information issue.
2. Suspected factor is maybe because of the software version bug, and it is not related to technical or configuration problem on the router.
3. But the issue does not affect the performance of the devices, network system,and the Huawei NMS is working fine, but it is affecting to the customer NON-Huawei NMS reporting and monitoring system.
3. For the customer NON-Huawei NMS, if the router cannot view and provide the Uptime in full information, the operating process for the uptime of the router cannot be monitor.