1. What are functions of the battery?
Answer: When the board loses power supply, the battery will supply power to the NVRAM and the clock to prevent data loss. Namely, after the device loses power supply, the data in the drdb can be saved.
2. What is the normal life of the SCC board battery? Is the battery consumed during normal power-on of the board?
Answer: After the board is powered on, the battery will be cut off automatically. The battery will work only if the power supply of the board fails. The continuous working life of the battery is one year as a minimum.
3. The spare parts of the SCC board are stored in the warehouse, and the battery is used as power supply for the NVRAM. How long will the battery work before failure?
Answer: The continuous working life of the battery is one year as a minimum.
4. While the battery jumper exists on the SCC board, can we cut off the supply of the battery? For the SCC board stored in the warehouse, should we cut off the supply of the battery?
Answer: While the battery jumper exists on the SCC board, we can cut off the supply of the battery. If the spare parts are stored in the warehouse for a long time, it is recommended that the jumper should be connected to pin 12 in order to cut off the battery supply.
5. What are strategies for replacing a failed battery?
Answer: If the battery fails, after the board loses power supply, the data in the NVRAM (drdb) will be lost, and the real-time clock will return to the initial value.
In the process of powering on the board, the normal service will not be affected, and the software will report the undervoltage battery alarm. The failed battery should be replaced by a new one in time, and should be disposed of properly.
If any battery failure is discovered during the deployment or on the maintenance site, please replace the board.
6. If the jumper is connected to pin 2 or 3, the battery will not supply power to the board. Generally, this setting should apply if the component is stored in warehouse.
7. The setting of the jumper cap will not make the SCC board of the newly deployed OSN device report the “powerfail” alarm.
8. The normal battery life is approx. 10 years. After expiry of the battery life, the board has to be replaced.