At a site, the NE80E originally had four SFUs. After the SFUs at slot 21 and slot 22 were pulled out, the remaining two SFUs could not be registered, which caused it impossible to register the service board.
In normal circumstances, any of the SFUs can be registered.
NE80E’s Device status:
Slot # Type Online Register Status Primary
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1 LPU/SPU Present Unregistered Abnormal NA
2 LPU/SPU Present Unregistered Abnormal NA
17 MPU Present NA Normal Master
18 MPU Present Registered Normal Slave
19 SFU Present Unregistered Abnormal NA
20 SFU Present Unregistered Abnormal NA
23 CLK Present Registered Normal Master
24 CLK Present Registered Normal Slave
1. When four SFUs are all in place, they can be registered.
2. When SFUs are pulled out of slot 21 and 22, the SFUs in slot 19 and 20 cannot be registered.
3. Run the dis version command to view the version of the backplane:
Huawei Versatile Routing Platform Software
VRP (R) software, Version 5.30 (NE40E&80E V300R002C06B325)
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
Quidway NetEngine 80E uptime is 0 day, 6 hours, 35 minutes
BKP 0 version information:
1. PCB Version : CR52BKPC REV A
2. MPU Slot Quantity: 2
3. SRU Slot Quantity: 0
4. SFU Slot Quantity: 4
5. LPU Slot Quantity: 16
The type of the backplane is BKPC, a new board that should be preferentially inserted into slot 21 or 22.
4. The fault was removed after the SFUs were moved to slot 21 and 22.
If there is only one SFUF, this board must be inserted into slot 21 or 22 so that the LPUs can be registered. If the SFUF is inserted into slot 19 or 20, no LPUs can be registered.
If there are two SFUFs, the two boards must be inserted into slot 21 and 22 so that the switching network synchronization clock can be backed up. If one of the SFUFs is inserted into slot 19 or 20, the system prints the information that the SFUF at slot 20 or 20 cannot be registered and prompts that this SFUF must be moved to slot 21 or 22 although the LPUs can be registered. In the system running process, if the board at slot 21 or 22 cannot be registered, the other SFUF is not affected.
In the case of three SFUFs, two of them must be inserted into slot 21 and 22 for the same reason given in the preceding section. The last one can be inserted into slot 19 or 20. In the system running process, if the board at slot 21 or 22 cannot be registered, the other two SFUFs are not affected.
In the case of four SFUFs, if the board at slot 21 or 22 cannot be registered in the system running process, the other three SFUFs are not affected.
New backplanes were adopted for the current network.
The switching network synchronization clock of the old backplanes (BKPA) are provided by the MPU, but the synchronization clock of the new backplanes (BKPC) are provided by the SFUs (at slot 21 and slot 22). If no SFUs are found at the two slots, the equipment cannot find the synchronization clock. That was why the remaining SFUs could not be registered. In the case of two SFUs, they must be inserted into slot 21 and slot 22.
1. The switching network synchronization clock, which was originally enabled on the MPU, was added to CR52SFUF, which was developed on the basis of CR52SFUA. Thus, CR52SFUF provided the 40 MB synchronization clock for all SD567 and SD566 modules of the entire system.
2. When CR52SFUA is applied to BKPA, the boards can work normally in the V100R002, V300R001, and V300R002 environments.
When CR52SFUF is applied to BKPA, the boards can work normally. However, note that EPLD of SFUF cannot be upgraded in the V100R002 and V300R001 environments. In addition, the version of SFUF is displayed as CR52SFUA VG.
The types of backplanes also affect the registration of boards.