The version of the N2000 BMS is iManager N2000 BMS V200R011C01B037. Restricted by on-site conditions, the configuration of the Solaris server sometimes cannot meet the requirements of the standard configuration, such as the frequency of the CPU is not high enough or the memory capacity is small (the memory is 2 GB on site, but the standard capacity is 4 GB). Can the installation be carried out under these conditions? If yes, what are the precautions during the installation?
The standalone installation of the N2000 BMS complies with the following: Install Solaris OS; install patches of Solaris OS; install the Sybase database; install patches of the Sybase database; run the optimization scripts or manually optimize relevant configuration; install the N2000 BMS; start the N2000 BMS.
To install the N2000 BMS on a low-configuration server, pay attention to the following points:
1. Optimize the Sybase database after installing it. Perform the optimization as follows:
1) Log in to Solaris OS and back up the /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/N2000DBServer.cfg file. Hence, the system can be restored to the initial configuration if the operation fails.
2) Modify the /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/N2000DBServer.cfg file. The modified configuration items are as follows:
Modify the size of the Default Data Cache to 200 MB and the size of the 16K I/O Buffer Pool to 100 MB.
[Named Cache: default data cache]
cache size = 200m
cache status = default data cache
cache replacement policy = DEFAULT
local cache partition number = DEFAULT
[16K I/O Buffer Pool]
pool size = 100.0000m
wash size = DEFAULT
local async prefetch limit = DEFAULT
Modify the Maximum Memory to 512 MB. The unit of the following figure is 2 KB.
max memory = 262144
additional network memory = DEFAULT
shared memory starting address = DEFAULT
allocate max shared memory = DEFAULT
Modify the Number of User Connections to 600. If the number is still not enough after terminating certain processes, increase the number of connections.
number of user connections = 600
stack size = 139264
stack guard size = DEFAULT
permission cache entries = DEFAULT
Modify the Number of Locks to 50000.
number of locks = 50000
deadlock checking period = DEFAULT
3) After the modification, close the N2000 BMS and restart the Sybase database.
2. After optimizing the configuration of the Sybase database, you can install the N2000 BMS. After the installation, do not start the N2000 BMS client on the server. Otherwise, the N2000 BMS runs at a low speed. Connect to the N2000 BMS client in the Telnet mode.
If you do not optimize the Sybase database, exceptions may occur during the N2000 BMS installation and stop the installation. Even if you succeed in installing the N2000 BMS, the N2000 BMS runs at a low speed. So that you cannot perform any operation. Hence, the optimization of the Sybase database is a must to install the N2000 BMS on a low-configuration server.