Problem installing a new FPIC in an LPUK in a CX600-8 equipment. When we tried to insert the new FPIC in the LPUK and the LPU begins to reset. We use a new FPIC but the problem appears again. So we decided to change the LPUK. We see some logs related to the reset of the LPUK.
#Jun 11 2009 02:40:09 emtcsa1-201 SRM_BASE/1/ENTITYINVALID: OID 184.108.40.206.4.1.2011.5.25.129.2.1.9 Physical entity failed. (EntityPhysicalIndex=16908290, BaseTrapSeverity=2, BaseTrapProbableCause=67997, BaseTrapEventType=5, EntPhysicalContainedIn=16908289, EntPhysicalName="CR52LPUK 2", RelativeResource="", ReasonDescription="LPU 2 is failed, QDR of PIC1 is abnormal")
%Jun 11 2009 02:36:51 emtcsa1-201 %%01SRM/3/LPURESET(l):LPU2 reset, the reason is Task exception occurs,task name is DIAG,task ID is 73.
Th solution to this problem is to change the LPUK, after changing the LPUK everything should work ok.
In the log described we can see a failure in the QDR parity of the PIC1 in the LPU 2. Also the ready signal of the FPIC in the LPU was abnormal. This abnormal signal received in the LPU makes the LPU to reset. The origin of this abnormal signal could be:
1. A bad pin contact between the LPU and the FPIC (most probable cause).
2. Other internal failure. In this case, it is needed to change the LPUK and do an analysis in R&D lab.
The causes of abnormal contact of pins are as follows:
1. The connecting finger was oxidized (damped), leading to an increase of the resistance between connectors.
2. The tolerance of the connector on the baseboard is greater, leading to distortion of the sub-card connector that is inserted.
3. On the PCB of the baseboard, the copper line inside is broken, leading to an increase of the resistance of the line.