Found performance event indicator MSFEUAS at port 2 SLQ4 board at OSN 3500 which connected to E Corp equipment.
No alarms at OSN 3500 side.
1. MSFEUAS normally happened because of other site that connected has defect. After check found patching error at E Corp site which connected to OSN 3500.
Receive fiber connected to equipment was mistaken patching at ODF which supposedly used for protection receive core. Transmit was ok.
2. Patch cord patching wrongly at customer's customer side [E Corp equipment]. Receive patch cord patched to protection receive at ODF. Plug out and repatch,
then alarm at E Corp equipment clear, MSFEUAS at OSN 3500 also cleared.
1. Found MSFEUAS on port4 SLQ1 which connecting to E Corp equipment. Customer already checked with their customer side which using [ at E Corp equipment
side] E Corp equipment and found LOF and PDH_ REI alarm at E Corp equipment.
2. Suspected transmit side at OSN3500 at SLQ1 Port 4 have problem which bit errors transmitted. Other port is normal and no services interrupted. No other alarms
at OSN3500 at customer site.
3. If bit errors occur in the services on a remote NE but no related alarms are reported on the remote NE, the system will not be affected. However, need to find out
the causes and troubleshoot the problem in a timely manner. Otherwise, alarms will be generated and the signal transmission quality will be affected.
Guidelines of general causes:
MSFEUAS indicates the period of time that the UAT state lasts.
1. The fiber performance degrades and the attenuation is excessive at the opposite station.
2. The fiber connector is dirty or incorrect at the opposite station.
3. The equipment is poorly grounded at the opposite station.
4. There is a strong interference source around the equipment at the opposite station.
5. The working temperature is extremely high or extremely low, and the opposite equipment cannot tolerate such temperature.
1. The signal attenuation at the receiving side of the line board at the opposite station is excessive, the transmitting circuit of the opposite station is faulty, or the
receiving circuit of the local station is faulty.
2. The cross-connect unit and the line board poorly match at the opposite station.
3. The board fails or the board performance degrades at the remote station.
1. MSFEUAS happened at port 4 SLQ1 is caused by bit errors transmit to other site [E Corp equipment], because receive site received by other receiver.
2. Patch cord and port at ODF must be labeled correctly to avoid any human mistake.