The MxU is configured with two L3 interfaces for the inband management and voice service, and with two different network segments whose network gateways are terminated on the same MA5200G. After the L3 interface for inband management is configured, you can ping the MA5200G from the MxU; after L3 interface for the voice service is configured, you can also ping the MA5200G from the MxU, but the configured L3 interface for inband management cannot be pinged. Perform a test and it is found that only either of the inband management or the voice service is pinged at a time.
1. When the inband management or the voice service of the MxU cannot ping the gateway of the MA5620G, or when you cannot ping the IP address of the inband management or the voice service from the MA5200G, it indicates that the IP address does not conflict with other IP addresses.
2. Check the MAC address entries of the port connected to the OLT on the MA5200G. It is found that the MAC address reported by the inband management is the same as that reported by the voice service.
3. After confirmation, it is found that the MAC address of the L3 interface of the MxU (including the MA561X and MA562X) is the bridge MAC address of the control board, which is different from the traditional switch. That is, the MAC address of the L3 interface of a traditional switch is the logic MAC address plus 1 on the basis of the bridge MAC address. In this case,the MAC addresses of L3 interfaces are different from each other. The L3 interface of the MxU uses the bridge MAC address, and this makes different L3 interfaces have the same MAC address. In addition, the MAC addresses of different IP addresses of the same port on the MA5620G are the same and the MAC address table cannot be created. As a result, only one service of the L3 interface can be pinged.
1. The IP addresses conflict with each other.
2. The MAC addresses conflict with each other.
1. It is not recommended that you terminate the IP addresses of the inband management and voice service on one device. You can use a multi-edge network, that is, transmit the broadband service and inband management service to the BRAS through an upstream port of the OLT, and then transmit the voice service to other devices through another upstream port. Furthermore, you can connect the OLT to the L3 switch through an upstream port and then separate services on the L3 switch.
2. If the IP addresses of the inband management and voice service are required to be terminated on the same device, bind the IP address to the MAC address on the device. Currently, MA5200G V5 supports this binding. For other devices that do not support binding, network change is the only way to rectify the fault.