MxU version: MA5610V800R306C01B053SPH006
Network: MA5610E---MA5680T--Cisco7609―R's SE800BAS
The MA5680T is configured with a QinQ VLAN. The MxU connected to a PON port of the MA5680T uses an outer VLAN tag. The MA5680T transparently transmits the VLAN to the Cisco7609. Then, the Cisco7609 transparently transmits different VLANs to the upper-layer BAS through different ports. The BAS terminates the QinQ VLAN through a port and configures a static Intranet IP address for device management. In addition, all the MxUs subtended to the MA5680T use the same network segments.
The fault is that management of all the MxUs connected to the PON port is interrupted concurrently from time to time, but the voice service and the data service are normal.
1. Device management of other PON ports is normal. In this case, log in to the device and compare the information about the managed normal devices and the faulty devices. It is found that different VLANs learn the MAC address (displayed in different values) of the BAS.
2. MAC address learning is different based on different ports of the R's BAS. On this basis, instruct the customer to test. That is, cut over the VLAN of the faulty device to the physical port (corresponding to the BAS) of the normal device. Then, check the learned MAC addresses on the OLT. It is found that the MAC addresses are the same. In this case, device management is normal.
3. Build the test environment and enable the faulty network to recur. Then, perform mirroring packet capturing on the upstream port of the faulty MxU. It is found that ARP packets of different VLANs are received. When the fault occurs, the MAC address learning of the BAS is incorrect.
4. The ARP requests are broadcast packets, and these packets are broadcasted to all PON ports on the EPBA board of the OLT. In addition, the outer VLAN tag is stripped, and different PON ports have the same device management VLAN. This enables ARP packets corresponding to different outer VLANs to be received. Furthermore, the current MxU does not filter packets, which leads to MAC address drift when the MxU learns the MAC address of the BAS.
5. To rectify the fault, modify VLAN management mode. That is, manage VLANs through different VLANs instead of through different PON ports. Another method of rectifying the fault is to load patch SPH009.
1. The port of the upper-layer BAS is faulty.
2. The optical path is faulty.
3. The device management module is faulty.
4. The device forwarding function is abnormal.
In case of faults having the same network and occurs on the same device, compare the information, such as the configuration file, ARP, and MAC address entries, associated with services to locate the fault.