When a PP ring was open because NE1 was turned off, the Ethernet services of NE2 do not switched using protection route. Therefore, reviewing the service
configuration, it was found that cross-connections in this NE2 only showed three and not four as it should be.
This NE2 was inserted using expansion wizard and its services were created automatically. NE2 is a OptiX 155/622H(M1000) with version 4.02.06.54.
In opened ring, Add-drop-services do not commute and TU_AIS_VC12 alarm appears (When service is Ethernet)
Step by Step
Before insert OptiX 155/622H in a PP ring it is necessary to follow the next steps, depending on the conditions:
If the OptiX 155/622H is totally new in NM:
1. Open NE Explorer � Configuration � Logical System
2. Create two logical systems:
-Type: ADM, Topology structure: Line, Protection Mode: Non Protection, West line: port line1, East Line: port line2.
-Type: ADM, Topology structure: Ring, Protection Mode: SNCP, West line: port line1, East Line: port line2.
The first system is necessary to create passthrough cross-connections on NE and the second system is to create Add-Drop cross-connections on NE.
3. Insert NE to ring, using the Expansion Wizard
If the NE is already in the Ring ( It has been inserted using expansion wizard without prior creation of logical system)
4. Follow steps one and two.
5. If Ring is not opened, then delete passthrough cross-connections
6. Create passthrough cross-connections again, but be sure to use the first logical system to created in step two.
7. If Add-Drop-services are not operative(Otherwise, during maintenance window), then delete Add-Drop cross-connections
8. Create Add-Drop cross-connections again, but be sure to use the second logical system to created in step two.
Note: The source Slot To create Add-Drop cross-connections use “Create” Button, because “Create SNCP Service” Button is disable. The source slot should be the line by the working path with source
protection subnet: the first logical system, and the sink slot should be disaggregating board with sink protection subnet: the default logical system.
After the procedure were switching tested and were successful
When an OptiX 155/622H is inserted into path protection ring, the cross-connections are not created properly and in consequence, add-drop services are not protected.
For this case the NE to be inserted requires a prior process before the insertion procedure.