This optimization method is applicable when the following scenrio occur:
When customer network has unidirectional trails and when check the SDH service configuration the other leg is discrete. The undireectional has one sink and one source.
1. Navigate to the U2000 main menu -- > Service -- > SDH trail -- > Manage SDH Trail.
2. In the filter window: only choose Unidirectional trails only.
3. Select a unidirectional trail which has only one sink and one source because handling procedure for multi source and sink is different see summary. See screenshot.
4. After obtaining a unidirectional trail, Navigate to NE Explorer for concerned NE. In our example its 69_MSR1-5 -- > Click on configuration - -> SDH service configuration and locate the service timeslot. See screenshot.
5. Right click on the service and query relevant discrete service. See screenshot.
6. We have successfully located both directions of the service. Now navigate back to the Manage SDH trail window with the unidirectional trail. Select “Cross connection information tab” as seen in the screenshot.
7. The idea is to match the cross connection information of the unidirectional and that of the discrete service. Matching must be done based on number of cross connections per NE and then followed by the line cards / timeslots.
8. In our example, and for the benefit of explaining the matching process I extracted the cross connection information for both the unidirectional trail and the discrete trail into tables below. The unidirectional trail which is a complete trail recognized by U2000 (hence forth referred to as the good trail) only has 4 cross connections, while the discrete service has 10 cross connections in total. We now have to compare these cross connections one by one.
9. To help with quicker understanding I use different colors for cross connections which match between the good trail and the discrete service. Comparing the two and we find that at the point of NE 58_MSR1-12, there are two cross connections in the discrete side whereas on the good trail there is only one cross connection.
10. Comparing the two we find that the good cross connection is Card 8 VC4: 1 VC12: 53 to Card 11 VC4: 4 VC12: 53. On the discrete service the same cross connection is there and an additional one from Card 11 VC4: 4 VC12: 53 to Card 7 VC4: 5 VC12:37. So we have confirmed there was an extra cross connection. See screenshot and also red highlight in table below.
11. After Identify the extra cross connections on 58_MSR1-12, deactivate this cross connection and delete it.. Run trail search and the trail resolve to become bi directional and also all discrete service of group ID 340 are cleaned.
Sometimes during service configuration customer engineer can create extra crossconnection in return leg especially when configure using single site.
1. For unidirectional service which have mulitiple source and sink must get the traffic matrix and confirm which is the right source and sink.
2. For unidirectional which have extra cross connection in the discrete service ofcourse have potential to carry service, but if missing a cross connection then this service cannot be complete and can delete it.
3. This method only works for service which are "NO" under the "If Auto create or not"
4. See attached file for step by step guide.