During service creation some cross connections that donot comply with the rules for defining trails on the NMS are known as discrete services. These crossconnections require to be cleaned / eliminated to reduce their inherent risk in the network. This documnet explains how to check who the creators of these discrete services are.
1. Synchronize all SDH / ASON crossconnections / Component Links / Control links / TE links / ASON / SDH trails etc and run a trail search to get an updated list of current discrete services in the network.
2.Navigate to main menu --> Service --> SDH Service --> Manage SDH discrete service --> Filter any one NE. Leave this window open
3. Navigate to main menu --> Administration --> Log Management --> Query Operation logs --> again filter based on equipment. --> add another filter for operation type and add in "create SDH NE service":
4. The fastest way to inprove effectiveness is by filtering based on NE / operation.
5. Check against the operations of users and match against the discrete service.
6. Use the attached document as a sample document to present the results.
In medium / large size transport networks, service configuration becomes very tricky especially if users create service using single site service configuration method instead of the end to end SDH trail creation function. It is even more easy to make mistake when require to protect services using SNCP in single site method.
1. Encourage customer engineers to create service using the E2E method instead of single site configuration.
2. If need be provide brief trainning for E2E method especially for SNCP creation. it is much easier.