Version: NE80E V300R003C02B697
After the S9306 is upgraded and restarted, its OSPF neighbor relationship with the NE80E is interrupted and cannot be reestablished.
The primary troubleshooting steps are listed below. For details, see the attachment.
1. After the S9306 is upgraded and restarted, its OSPF neighbor relationship with the NE80E is interrupted and cannot be reestablished. The interface connecting the NE80E to the S9306 works properly. The parameters on the OSPF interfaces on the two devices are consistent.
2. Capture packets on the S9306. The result shows that the S9306 has sent OSPF Hello packets to the NE80E but has not received any response from the NE80E.
3. Debug Hello packets on the NE80E. The result shows that the NE80E has not received any Hello packet from the S9306.
4. Check OSPF packet records on the NE80E. The result shows that G 7/0/0 has not output any records about OSPF packets.
5. Check OSPF interface information. The result shows that the interface (18.104.22.168) is Down and there are too many OSPF-enabled interfaces on the NE80E.
6. Check the configurations (or run the display ospf interface command). The result shows that the number of OSPF-enabled interfaces on the NE80E reaches the maximum. The specifications of OSPF-enabled interfaces on the NE40E/NE80E are as follows:
In V300R003, a maximum of 500 interfaces can be enabled in an OSPF process. In fact, 578 interfaces are now enabled in an OSPF process on the NE80E. So, 78 interfaces are considered Down by OSPF. Each time after the 578 interfaces are restarted, which interface can be used to establish an OSPF neighbor relationship is determined randomly because the sequence in which they go Up varies. G 7/0/0 is one of the interfaces. Because its status is Down, it does not send Hello packets. One interface that goes Down cannot be enabled with OSPF or send OSPF Hello packets. Another OSPF interface that goes Up can be used to establish an OSPF neighbor relationship.
7. Modify configurations to configure the NE80E to import direct routes, and cancel the network command configuration on the interfaces that do not need to set up OSPF neighbor relationships.
1. Parameters on OSPF interfaces on the two devices are inconsistent.
2. The link transmission quality is poor and the interface hardware is faulty.
3. There is some problem with product specifications.
In NE40E80E V300R003, V300R006, or V600R001, a maximum of 500 interfaces can be enabled in an OSPF process. Pay attention to this during your data planning.