When creating a global GPON service profile in U2000 for an GPON ONT, which includes VLAN translation rules for ONT ports, an entered value for S-Priority is not transfered to an OLT when it is downloaded to the device.
This fault affects U2000 NMS software up to version V100R003C00SPC101. It can be reproduced with MA5600T OLT up to at least version MA5600V800R008C01SPC206.
Reproducing the fault (V100R003C00):
- In menu "Configuration" select "Access Profile Management"
- in the left window pane open element "PON Profile" and select "GPON Profile"
- select tab "GPON Service Profile" and right-click into the upper window
- choose "Add global Profile", name this sample profile "test", enter "1" for the number of ETH ports
- select "UNI Port" in the left pane, right click on the ETH Port entry on the right and select "UNI Port configuration properties"
- in the lower pane right click and select "add"
- Enter a sample VLAN S-VLAN ID and S-Priority value as well as value for the C-VLAN and C-Priority (thus VLAN tagged frames with specified C-VLAN and C-Priority should be sent upstream with S-VLAN tag and S-Priority)
- select "ok" buttons until done
- right-click on the newly created service profile entry and select "download to NE"
- select an sample MA5600T, download the profile to the device
- log into the device with telnet or ssh
- enter "display current-configuration" and search for the downloaded ont-srvprofile
---> notice that the command for the VLAN transformation contains the S-VLAN and C-VLAN IDs and C-Priority selected but not the S-Priority value.
it is assumed that on the U2000 server side either the S-Priority value is not read from the global profile or it is read but not inserted correctly in the SNMP messages sent in the process of downloading the global profile to the device.
It is suggested to trace the SNMP traffic between U2000 and the OLT when downloading a GPON service profile to find out wether the S-Priority value is transmitted to the OLT during download to the NE or not and if it is, wether it is in the correct format.