The speed of remote TELNET to the S9312 is slow, the CPU utilization rate of the device control board always more than 90%, PING device LOOPBACK address serious loss, but the services will not be affected.
1. Check device main control board warning lamp first, to confirm the warning lamp is not lit, exclude equipment hardware problem.
2. Log in device and check LOG, found no abnormal traffic attack record, also has no loop alarm information, the each port traffic normally and not congested.
3. Check the link quality that the port in, CRC and so on statistics no growth, confirming that no serious quality problems.
4. View CPU usage process, relatively high CPU utilization rate task is Information Center INFO task, as follows.
=============== Display cpu-usage 10 verbose ===============
===== CPU usage info (no: 0 idx: 24) =====
CPU Usage Stat. Cycle: 60 (Second)
CPU Usage: 95%
CPU Usage Stat. Time: 2012-05-28 23:53:27
CPU Usage Stat. Tick: 0x3a4c79 (CPU Tick High) 0xc2ab6f45 (CPU Tick Low)
TaskName CPU Runtime (CPU Tick High / CPU Tick Low)
BUFM 0% 0 / 4a0a3
VIDL 5% 1/230e30c1
INFO 69% 9/ac368e0a
5. Close the S9312 Information Center (undo info-center), found that the main control board CPU utilization rate immediately dropped to less than 10%, when re-open the information center functions, the CPU utilization rate immediately rushed to90%. It can be confirmed that the main control board CPU utilization rate is high is the result of the information center function module open.
6. In order to find out the reasons prepared to get CF card history log to analysis ,and found that the main control board CF card display can not be read, get this important information, you can analyze the cause of the failure.
7. The cause of the problem: the device enable information center, all the logs generated by the device will be stored into the main control board in the CF. The main control panel CF card abnormal damaged, resulting in all logs are stored in the CF card fails, all logs information in the queue waiting for CPU processing, thus causing high CPU utilization rate.
1. The device has been abnormal traffic attacked or the down end loop caused sudden large traffic.
2. The physical link has serious quality problems,
3. The main control board has hardware and software failures.
Solution: First close the information center functions (undo info-center) to reduce the CPU utilization rate of the control board, and then replace the CF card.