We need to modify VTL’s service IP address during the replacement of VTL in a site.
Choose this VTL by VTL view, right-click system maintenance -> network configuration. After modifying bond’s IP address, ping the IP address which has been modified, it can’t be successful.
1. Because the operating system of VTL 3500 is CentOS, change vi /etc/modprobe.conf file.
alias eth0 igb
alias eth1 igb
alias scsi_hostadapter mptbase
alias scsi_hostadapter1 mptsas
alias scsi_hostadapter2 megaraid_sas
#alias scsi_hostadapter3 qla2xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter4 usb-storage
options scsi_mod max_luns=1
options sd_mod max_scsi_disks_fs=25
#options bond0 mode=0 miimon=100 updelay=200 downdelay=200
#alias bond0 bonding
Comment the last two lines.
2. Enter this comment cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
Check the network adapter configuration file.
-rw-r--r-- 3 root root 200 Jan 6 2011 ifcfg-eth0
-rw-r--r-- 3 root root 192 Apr 20 15:32 ifcfg-eth1
-rw-r--r-- 3 root root 192 Apr 20 15:32 ifcfg-bond
Change the name after copying ifcfg-bond. (Notice that the preamble of copy name should be changed, the operating system still loading after change the suffix name)
3. Bond isn’t in operation after reboot the system.
4. Configure the service IP of eth0 or eth1 again by setup type.
5. Examine the ifcfg-eth0 file under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. The correct format is as below:
6. Reboot the network adapter service restart network; watch if the device IP is normal.
7. Configure the bond for two service interfaces as the normal process and set up IP address. Then reboot the network adapter service restart network after finishing configuration.
Because this IP address can’t ping, connect the monitor and keyboard to this device, watch the system startup state, we find the fault warning of bond network adapter.
Maybe because bond network interface, there are some problems in system. We can configure IP again after canceling this bond.
For the device with bond, we advise to cancel bond firstly, then modify IP address, have bond operation at last.