The storage on the backend of the N8300V1R2 is S5500V1R5, it has expanded two 5.5T disk rooms for the N8300, but the new mapped disk room can’t be found on the N8300 ISM. Enter the command “storage scanbus” in the command line, we can’t find the disk normally. “lsscsi” can only see the earlier mapped one.
1. The earlier mapped disks are running normally in the N8300, so we can conclude the link is normal. Check on the storage and we there isn’t “0” in the LUN IDs; the mappings are all mapped to the host, the configurations on the storage are normal, so we exclude the storage’s causes.
2. The disk information of the N8300 is recorded in the “disk_info” file, if this file is abnormal, it will cause the new disk information can’t be written, and finally cause the system can’t find the disk.
1) Pause the host’s service.
2) Login in the N8000 master node via the “support” user, the password is “symantec”, enter into the root directory.
3) Backup the “/etc/vx/disk.info” file. (Command: “cp disk_info disk_info.bak”)
4) Delete the “disk.info” file. (Command: “rm disk.info”)
5) Execute the “vxconfigd -k”, create the “” automatically.
6) Execute the “su - master” command to switch into the user’s mode.
7) Execute the command: “storage scanbus”, scan the disk again, and the problem has been settled.
The possible reasons of the N8300 can’t find the disk room normally are as follow:
1. The link is abnormal.
2. The LUN ID uses the “0” while mapping.
3. The mapping can’t be mapped to the host group.
4. The configuration file of the N8300 system is abnormal and leads to can’t record the new mapped disk information normally, and then causes can’t find the new mapped disk room.
If the N8300 can’t find the storage mapping room, it’s the problem of the storage mapping mostly, we should check the storage before the server node while settling the similar problem.