1. Check whether the PATH environment variables have changed, via the OMS Portal login in the virtual machine which has problem, open the registry editor, and find the key value of the “Failed” in the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Select” catalog. As the following picture displayed, the key value is “2”:
It denotes that the PATH environment variable is at the following location while the error is happening:
In the key value of “Path” in the item of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Session Manager\Environment”
2. Find the right value of the PATH environment variable, as the above picture, the key value of the “LastKnownGood” is “1”, it denotes that the right PATH environment variable was at the following location before the error happened:
In the key value of “Path” in the item of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment”, use the content of the right key value of the PATH environment variable to substitute the one while happening the error, as the following picture displayed:
3. After restoring the PATH environment variable, check the Citrix service, we find the it hasn’t been started, and then start the Citrix service manually, the error prompts the .NET 3.5 which the Citrix service is dependent with is abnormal.
4. Confirm with the customers, we know their corresponding software is .NET 1.1, when installing the software via the substituting file mode, the original .NET 3.5 has been substituted with the .NET 1.1, and then causes the Citrix service can’t be started.
5. For validation, we install the software through the method not substitute the file and modify the PATH environment variable, after the installation has completed, the virtual machine can be started normally, and the customer’s software can work normally.