Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione (propri e di terze parti) per ottimizzare la tua esperienza online e per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le tue preferenze acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui>
The website that you are visiting also provides Arabian language. Do you wish to switch language version?
يوفر موقع الويب الذي تزوره المحتوى باللغة العربية أيضًا. هل ترغب في تبديل إصدار اللغة؟
The website that you are visiting also provides Russia language Do you wish to switch language version?
Данный сайт есть в английской версии. Желаете ли Вы перейти на английскую версию?
Faulty symptom: The customer found some of the LUN can't visible on ESXi, even the service IP address can ping through host and NAS service is working normally.
Version information: V300R003C10SPC100
1. Collect and analyze operating data, we can find the customer configured host IP as below:
Logic Port Name: iSCSIa
Running Status: Link Up
IPv4 Address: 172.17.52.91
IPv4 Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Gateway: 172.17.52.254
Support Protocol: NFS+CIFS
Home Port Type: VLAN
Home Port ID: Eth_CtrlA.52
Owner Controller ID: 0A
Current Port Type: VLAN
Current Port ID: Eth_CtrlA.52
Activation Status: Yes
Address Family: IPv4
Is Private: False
Fail Over Group ID: 4148
Failover Enabled: Yes
Failover Group Name: VLAN-FailoverGroup-52
Logic Port Route:
2. So, we almost understand the issue caused by inappropriate configuration.
1. Right now, on V3 storage, logic port only for NAS service and physical port only for SAN service. And one NIC port can only used as logic port or physical port, can't be used as both role.
2. In current software version, iSCSI can't support VLAN. At switch side, VLAN is access mode and one port can only belong to one VLAN ID. But at storage side, VLAN is tag mode, the advantage is one port can belong to different VLANs. So, on security view, there’s no difference between have or don’t have VLAN on storage side. The only usage for VLAN on storage side is multi-tenant feature. So, V3 storage will support VLAN on iSCSI when multi-tenant feature released.
But, for NAS service, V3 storage support VLAN, which means the customer can add VLAN ID to logic port.
3. We only support bond4 mode(802.3ad).
4. The fixed load balancing algorithm for the packets is hashing “XOR Source and Destination MAC”. But, at switch side, there's a lot of choices:
-XOR Source and Destination IP (default)
-XOR Source and Destination MAC
But even the algorithm of packet balance mode on bonding between switch and storage side is different, it's no impact on service in normal siuations.
1. Use other free port to create bonding port, then configure IP address on physical bonding port.
Please not, when configure IP address on bonding port, just configure IP address on either of the member port, then it will take effective on the corresponding bonding port.
1. We suggest configure port bonding between different NIC cards which can tolarent NIC card faulty.