Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione (propri e di terze parti) per ottimizzare la tua esperienza online e per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le tue preferenze acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui>
The website that you are visiting also provides Arabian language. Do you wish to switch language version?
يوفر موقع الويب الذي تزوره المحتوى باللغة العربية أيضًا. هل ترغب في تبديل إصدار اللغة؟
The website that you are visiting also provides Russia language Do you wish to switch language version?
Данный сайт есть в английской версии. Желаете ли Вы перейти на английскую версию?
Faulty Symptom: Customer upgraded one the storage in remote replication pair from version V300R002C10 to V300R003C10, and he have found a connection that had not created.
The upgrade went well, but in detail he found a heterogeneous remote devices that did not have before and he can’t remove it. Customer also upgraded other 5 OceanStor 5500v3 but have not had this behavior.
1. After ananlyze the storage configuration, we found customer configured remote replication on the port CTE0.A.H0 which reported heterogeneous device. But only one of the storage of remote replication pair have this issue.
admin:/>show remote_device elink
ID Health Status Running Status Remote Device Type In Remote Device Remote Device ID Local Controller Remote Controller
--------- ------------- -------------- ------------------ ---------------- ---------------- ---------------- -----------------
268435456 Normal Link Up Heterogeneity Yes 513 0A --
admin:/>show remote_device elink
2. Then, we carefully compared the event log on the two storages, and found difference.
CA4-HOS-01, SN : 2102350BVDCBG6000579：
2016-06-22 17:05:23 DST 0x200F00E00053 Informational None admin:192.168.128.110 succeeded in adding the ISCSI target (local controller 0A, local port CTE0.A.H0, remote IP address 172.23.40.194, recovery policy automatic, communication port 3260, CHAP disabled --) to the heterogeneous device.
Name : CA5-HOS-01, SN : 2102350BVDCBG6000580：
2016-06-22 17:32:58 DST 0x200F00E00053 Informational None admin:172.23.40.100 succeeded in adding the ISCSI target (local controller 0A, local port CTE0.A.H0, remote IP address 172.23.40.214, recovery policy automatic, communication port 3260, CHAP disabled --) to the heterogeneous device.
2017-01-24 14:58:11 0x200F00E00057 Informational None admin:172.26.130.175 succeeded in removing the ISCSI target (ID 0).
Customer manually added iSCSi initiator for remote replication link on both of the storages before, then deleted on one of the storage(CA5-HOS-01).
3. After upgrade storage firmware, the new version of firmware began to support heterogeneous device between Huawei storages, cause this issue.
1. In the former version(V300R002C10), it can't support heterogeneous device for Huawei V3 storage. Only third party storage or other serials of Huawei storage.
2. After upgrade storage software version(V300R003C10), it start to support heterogeneous device for Huawei V3 storage. If customer manually add initiator for remote device, the link will be recognized as heterogeneous link. But for remote replication, it's no need to manually add initiator for remote replication link. That's why this issue happened after firmware upgrade.
Although customer added iSCSI initiator on both of the storages, but deleted one of them later, that's why he only found the heterogeneous link one of the storage in remote replication pair.
1. Login CLI command line on the storage which has heterogeneous link(CA4-HOS-01), check the iSCSI target name for heterogeneous, and delete the iSCSI target.
2. Access Device Manager, the heterogeneous link should be link down status, just delete the heterogeneous device.