Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione (propri e di terze parti) per ottimizzare la tua esperienza online e per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le tue preferenze acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui>
The website that you are visiting also provides Arabian language. Do you wish to switch language version?
يوفر موقع الويب الذي تزوره المحتوى باللغة العربية أيضًا. هل ترغب في تبديل إصدار اللغة؟
The website that you are visiting also provides Russia language Do you wish to switch language version?
Данный сайт есть в английской версии. Желаете ли Вы перейти на английскую версию?
1. Users accessing the OceanStor 9000 shared drive are facing slowness in copying/retrieving/deleting files.
No alarms are generated with this regard from storage
1. Verify the speed of copy/retrieve from both sides
a. User side: By using software which will give the copy speed
b. Storage side: By observing the graph which will be amiable in the DFS (device manager) of OceanStor 9000.
2. Once this is verified, collect logs from the storage, and analyze the number of I/O operations done at that particular time interval when the slowness issue was reported.
The root Cause was customer was executing a lot of deleting operations (I/O) during the peak hours of the usage of the storage for copy/retrieve operations (I/O) by users. So the I/O operations rise above normal and the slowness was faced.
An auto script was deployed in storage, which will facilitate automatic time interval deciding when the I/O operations are low, i.e. during the non-peak hours and execute the delete operations (I/O) during this non-peak hours.
1. Advice customers not to perform delete operations during the peak hours of production, rather advice them to do so during the non-peak hours,
2. Seek help from Huawei enterprise team to design a script to do the work during non-peak hours automatically.