Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione (propri e di terze parti) per ottimizzare la tua esperienza online e per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le tue preferenze acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui>
The website that you are visiting also provides Arabian language. Do you wish to switch language version?
يوفر موقع الويب الذي تزوره المحتوى باللغة العربية أيضًا. هل ترغب في تبديل إصدار اللغة؟
The website that you are visiting also provides Russia language Do you wish to switch language version?
Данный сайт есть в английской версии. Желаете ли Вы перейти на английскую версию?
If you want to use AP4030DN or AP5030DN in FAT mode (without access controller), AP needs to be switched from FIT mode (by default) to FAT mode. Unfortunately, official Upgrade Guide consist incomplete info about this process.
1. Need to check – if AP use FIT firmware and need to upgraded to FAT mode. Connect to AP by console (admin and email@example.com by default)
<Huawei> display version
Huawei Versatile Routing Platform Software VRP (R) software, Version 5.130 (APXXXXDN FIT V200R007C10)
2. Download recommended Firmware for your AP.
3. Connect PC to AP by Ethernet. Set IP address at PC 169.254.1.2 /16. AP default IP is 169.254.1.1 /16. Use ping to check connectivity. Also you can specify any other IP at AP by using command ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
4. Start TFTP server at PC, and put unzipped firmware at root of TFTP server folder. You can also use FTP server to do it, but command at AP will be a little different.
5. Prepare AP to switch.
[Huawei] ap-mode-switch prepare
Info: Ap-mode-switch check ok
If switch check id OK, we can continue. Run command and specify firmware name in accordance of download firmware and IP of TFTP server (PC):
[Huawei]ap-mode-switch tftp FatAP5X30XN_V200R007C20SPC900.bin 169.254.1.2
Info: Preparing to upgrade. Please wait a moment ............
Warning: Do Not Power-off!
Info: Upgrade upgrade-assistant-package succeeded.
Warning: System will reboot, if you want to switch to upgrade-assistant-package.
Are you sure to execute these operations ? [Y/N]: Y
Agree to reboot, and wait until AP started up. Do not power off AP.
6. After rebooting you will have to login again. Also, sysname would be changed from <Huawei> to #AP
(none) login: admin
7. Optional. You can change IP address of AP. Don’t forget to change IP address of PC with TFTP server!
AP# ip address 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0
8. Now need to upload .bin firmware again. Specify firmware name in accordance of download firmware and IP of TFTP server (PC).
AP# upgrade version tftp FatAP5X30XN_V200R007C20SPC900.bin 192.168.1.200
Warning: Do not power-off, ap is upgrading version...
Info: Upgrade succeeded.
9. Enter command:
AP# quit upgrade-assistant-package
Warning: AP will quit from upgrade-assistant-package, Are you sure to continue?[y/n]: Y
Info: system is rebooting ,please wait...
Try hardware rebooting...
10. After rebooting, login to AP again, and change default password if it needed. Then check version. Also, sysname would be changed from #AP to <Huawei>
Please configure the login password:
Info: A plain text password is a string of 8 to 128 case-sensitive characters and must be a combination of at least two of the following: uppercase letters A to Z, lowercase letters a to z, digits, and special characters. A cipher text password contains 68 characters.
Info: Current mode: Fat (working independently).
Warning: The default country code is CN. Ensure that AP radio attributes comply with laws and regulations in different countries. Do you want to change the country code? [Y/N]: N
Huawei Versatile Routing Platform Software
VRP (R) software, Version 5.170 (AP5030DN FAT V200R007C20SPC900)
Now AP is ready to work in standalone (FAT) mode.
In documentation you can see that there is no mention about command AP# quit upgrade-assistant-package,
that is needed to successfully upgrade AP4030DN or AP5030DN from FIT to FAT mode.