To have a better experience, please upgrade your IE browser.upgrade
Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione (propri e di terze parti) per ottimizzare la tua esperienza online e per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le tue preferenze acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui>
The website that you are visiting also provides Arabian language. Do you wish to switch language version?
يوفر موقع الويب الذي تزوره المحتوى باللغة العربية أيضًا. هل ترغب في تبديل إصدار اللغة؟
The website that you are visiting also provides Russia language Do you wish to switch language version?
Данный сайт есть в английской версии. Желаете ли Вы перейти на английскую версию?
Smart Modular Data Centers
Prefabricated Modular Data Centers
Precision Air Conditioners
Data Center Management
Handsets and Terminals
Rapid Deployment System
Enterprise Communications Terminals
Platform or Infrastructure
Enterprise Communications Gateways
Core Network Devices
Radio Access Network Devices
Firewall and Application Security Gateway
DDoS Protection Systems
Anti-APT Based on Big Data Analysis
ME Series Multi-Service Control Gateways
Multi-Service Packet Transport Platforms
AR Series IoT Gateways
AR Series Access Routers
Hybrid Flash Storage
Integrated Video Site Solution
Enterprise Telecom Energy
Smart Site Management System
Multi-Service Transmission Platforms
HD Network Cameras
Video Cloud Nodes
Video Content Management
Indoor Access Points
Outdoor Access Points
Scenario-specific product series
IT Infrastructure Storage Solutions
Data Center Network
Data Center Energy
Enterprise Communications Solution
Contact Center Solution
Advisory and Implementation
Support and Optimization
Training and Certification
Explore Technology Services
National Research and Education Network
Education Cloud Data Center
Multi-Channel HD Telemedicine Solution
Over The Top/Multi-Tenant Data Center (OTT/MTDC)
Internet Exchange Point (IXP)
Internet Access Provider (IAP)
Design & Simulation
Planning & Analytics
Oil & Gas IoT
HPC & Operations Management
Digital Urban Rail
Retail Cloud Platform
Enterprise Data Center
Enterprise Cloud Communications
Network Management System
Buy from Huawei
If you need to get information about your project, please submit your information and we will contact you within one working day.
Consult online customer service regarding products/solutions you are interested in.
If your company has signed an eDeal contract with Huawei, please buy your required product/solution via the link below.
Buy from resellers
Search for a nearby reseller and get direct contact information.
Find a Partner
Become a Partner
Alliance and solution Partner
Huawei Authorized Learning Partner
Huawei Authorized Information and Network Academy
Networking: CR--------ME60 (CGN)--------Access network--------ONT--------PC
The ME60 ran IPv6 R6C00 and housed a CGN board to terminate DS-Lite tunnels. The ONT worked in routing mode, initiated the DS-Lite tunnels, and was manually configured with the AFTR domain name WWW.AFTR.com. The WAN interface on the ONT could obtain an IPv6 address and allocate an IPv4 address to the PC properly.Symptom: The PC failed to access websites and no NAT session was generated on the ME60. The ME60 showed that the ONT dialed up properly; correct public and private addresses and interface range were allocated to the PC; the DS-Lite tunnel table entries were normal.
The DS-Lite services in distributed mode are processed as follows:
1. The ME60 allocates an IPv6 address to the ONT WAN interface. The ONT allocates an IPv4 private address to the PC.
2. After detecting that user dialing up completes, the ME60 creates a tunnel table entry, which records the mapping between the IPv6 address of the ONT WAN interface and NAT, and reserves a public IPv4 address and interface range for the PC.
3. Before the PC uses its IPv4 private address to access IPv4 services on the public network, DNS resolution is performed. Upon receiving the data packets from the PC, the ONT encapsulates them into IPv6 DNS packets through the WAN interface (the source address of the IPv6 DNS packets is the WAN interface address; the destination address is the DNS server IPv6 address; the DNS packets carry request for resolving the IPv4 domain name), and sends them to the DNS server. The DNS server then returns the DNS resolution result through IPv6 packets to the ONT. The ONT sends the DNS resolution result to the PC. The PC obtains the domain name of the corresponding website and sends an access request packet.
4. The ONT encapsulates an IPv6 header into the access request packet so that the destination address of the packet becomes the AFTR address of the CGN board on the ME60, and transmits the packet over the IPv6 network to the CGN board. The CGN board strips the IPv6 packet header and performs NAT translation.
Huawei performed the following operations to address the problem:
1. Concluded that address configurations on the ME60 were correct as addresses were properly allocated.
2. Checked DS-Lite configurations on the ME60.
The configurations were correct.3. Found that the IPv6 network between the ME60 and the DNS server was unavailable. As a result, the ONT as the DNS proxy failed to communicate with the DNS server to obtain the actual address of the network to which the IPv4 website domain name corresponds. The PC therefore failed to access the website.
1. Configure a static IPv4 DNS server address on the PC. In this manner, the ONT forwards a packet carrying the DNS server address from the PC as a pure IPv4 packet because the DNS server address is not a private IPv4 gateway address. The ONT directly encapsulates an IPv6 header into the packet and sends it to the CGN AFTR address, saving step 3 in the preceding process.2. Configure the CGN AFTR IPv6 address on the ONT. This saves step 4 in the preceding process.
1. Ensure that the network between the CGN and the DNS server is able to forward IPv6 packets. In the distributed mode, the ME60 automatically creates a DS-Lite table entry for the DS-Lite tunnel upon completion of user dialing up.3. If all end-to-end configurations on ME60 are correct, focus on the service implementation procedure.