What is the use of OPTION under address pool at MA5200?
OPTION command under address pool is for the interaction between DHCP Server and DHCP Client. Configure this command; client sends packets that must contain OPTION, MA5200G will echo relevant information.
MA5200G can configure only 4 OPTION private attribute at most and ranges from 224 to 254 (Previously RFC rules 128～254 is private and in 2004 refresh it. Now it rules 224～254 is private.)
There are several DHCP Servers at second network, including MA5200G. Some users want to obtain IP address assigned by MA5200G.
1. Both sides decide which option and value is used. The latest range is 224～254. e.g. use 230 and the value is “Huawei”.
2. MA5200G configures [MA5200G-ip-pool-test]option 230 string huawei
3. Client sends request, including the request of option230.
4. MA5200G receives application packet and check that it configures relevant option, echo the information, option, “Huawei”.
5. Client receives many response of DHCP Server and matches “Huawei”, send DHCP Request packets to MA5200G and get IP address from MA5200G.