Creating online/offline time of MA5200F attached Radius account-in users overlaps.
1. The creating report of Radius finds that user’s online time and offline time overlaps. For example, some user is offline at 3 p.m. and then online, but creating report of Radius is that user is online at 14:30 and offline at 22:00.
2. Other MA5200F at the same Radius does not happen to the problem. Radius server is not problematic. Only parts of user at MA5200F have such problem. Check the time of abnormal users. They are online before 21:30 and offline after 21:30. Error time is about 8 hours.
3. Check interaction packet of MA5200F and Radius and it is normal.
4. Check MA5200F logbuffer and it is normal. Check userlog at MA5200F. At 21:24 there is record of change of system time “% [05/24/2006 21:26:24-] SNMP-3-02201000:22.214.171.124 set hwSysTime.0 = ??”
5. Consider computation of Radius online time: user online time = user offline time � online length. When user is offline after 21:24, user online length is changed. It is error time. User online time overlaps.
6. The change does not influence the statistics of other users. Temporarily not change system time.
The system time of MA5200F is changed by network management. Report to RADIUS also changes. Suppose user accesses network at 12:00, after three online hours (15:00) it is changed as 13:00. RADIUS authenticates user that are offline at 13:00 and has three-hour online. So user is online at 10:00. Then the time is changed as 10:00-13:00. If there is online record in the middle, overlap occurs.
Please not change system time. If it needs change, cut users and change again. It can ensure that user account is accurate. Otherwise there is overlap or long bill.