The system fails to record video after the NVS_StoreSvr process is started.
To troubleshoot this fault, you need to restart the NVS process.
1. Run service iNVS stop to stop the NVS service.
2. Run service iNVS start to start the NVS service. The process takes about one minute.
3. Run ps -A | grep mysql to check whether the mysql service is started or not.
? Generally, two processes mysqld_safe and mysqld are started; Otherwise, the database fails. Contact the technical service personnel.
? If the following information is displayed frequently:
cannot find hssasctl in /proc/devices - make sure the module is loaded
run the reboot command to restart the server. If the problem persists, the host driver of the V1300N is not installed or damaged. In this case, you need to install the RAID drive again and then restart the server.
4. On the ESM interface, check that the alarm of "no available disk block" is generated. If the alarm is generated, it indicates that the disks are not formatted or the disks are damaged.
Possible causes for that video recording fails after the NVS_StroreSvr process is started are as follows:
• The mysql database is not started.
• The driver of the V1300N is abnormal.
• The disks are not formatted.
According to the process of troubleshooting this fault, you can know that the prerequisites that the BSM can be correctly started are as follows: The driver of the V1300N is correctly installed and started; the mysql database is correctly installed and the mysql service is started.