After the system IP address automatically changes or is manually changed, the login to the VSM fails or VSM processes fail to start.
During installation, if IP Address is set to 127.0.0.1 in the Configure Server dialog box, any change of the system IP address does not affect the VSM.
1. Start the daemons of the NMS maintenance tool.
In the C:\HWENGR\engineering directory, double-click the startserver.bat file to start the daemons of the NMS maintenance tool.
2. Log in to the NMS maintenance tool client.
1. On the computer where the NMS maintenance tool client is installed, double-click the VSM MSuite shortcut icon on the desktop. Wait about one minute.
2. Set the related login parameters, and then click OK.
l IP Address: indicates the system IP address of the computer where the NMS maintenance tool server is installed.
l Port No.: The default port number is 12212. You do not need to change the default value during login.
l User Name and Password: Both the default user name and initial password are admin.
The dialog box may be displayed during the process of logging in to the NMS maintenance tool client because the system IP address is changed. Click OK according to the prompt and then click OK to confirm the operation of synchronizing the IP address.
3. On the Server tab page, right-click the server to be configured and choose Synchronize the network configuration from the shortcut menu. Click OK.
4. Restart the OS
l It is found that the IP address is lost after network cables are removed or the IP address is changed due to certain causes.
l The actual system IP address then becomes inconsistent with the one set on the VSM. As a result, the login to the VSM fails or VSM processes fail to start.