Configure IPSec VPN operation between two USG5360 by VSM soft, choose “deploy” in VSM client-side operation configuration management after each parameter of IPSEC has been configured, “operation deploy failed” was popped-up in VSM client-side.
1. Look over “service’ option, confirm whether VSM related service is running normally.
2. Login VSM client-side, look over whether the telnet/ssh parameter is correct.
3. Login hardware device, look over whether the hardware device supports IPSec VPN.
After checking by above steps, It is found that IPSec VPN related configuration command delivered by VSM soft cannot be recognized on device because there is no license permit of IPSec VPN in USG5360. It made the operation deploy failed.
1. Device does not support IPSec VPN;
2. Configure telnet/ssh parameter as null
When configure related operation by VSM, make sure the VSM server can login device, and the device can support related operation configuration.