FAQ-The common rules and methods of USG9100 to plan HRP backup channel
A: When planning the HRP backup channel, we need to consider the factors as follows:
(1) The demand of the backup channel’s bandwidth: according to the measured results, after open the fast backup, a GE interface can carry up to 60000 new rate per second or 5 million concurrent session backup demand, and can calculate backup channel interface quantity according to actual flow size;
(2) Back up channel can only use rear board business interface, the front panel network interface of the business board can’t be used as backup channel; the main control board LAN-1 can be used as auxiliary backup channel;
(3) Suggest the direct connection port between two firewalls use as a dedicated backup channel;
(4) In order to improve the reliability and bandwidth of the backup channel a, recommend use eth-trunk interface as backup channel, generally use at least two GE port bound;
(5) Therefore, it is suggested that the smallest HRP backup channel is: the rear board 2GE bind eth-trunk main control board LAN-1.