A site uses USG2110 as branch office’s gateway, use 3G way to access the Internet, through the headquarters network management found the site often got disconnected.
1. Through long ping the USG2110 from the headquarters, find there is no packet loss.
2. It has no problem when sending big file between headquarters and branch. Basic ruled out 3G USB adapter fault factors.
3. Check the configuration found 3G signal is stability in -65 db.
4. Check the configuration found that the site has set up 3G on-demand dialing, and the link free time has been modified to 60 seconds manually, as shown below:
<GZ-HHZ> display dialer interface Dialer 0
Dialer number *99#
Auto-dial:30 Compete:20 Enable:8
5. The problem is solved after canceled on-demand dial-up.
1. 3G operator’s signal reason
2.3G USB adapter fault
3. Equipment configuration reason
If the site uses the 3G network access, and requires long-term online, it need not to configure on-demand dialing.
If must configure on-demand dialing for saving flow, can consider set the link idle timeout time to over 600 seconds.