On the Windows TC or PC, after a user clicks a VM icon on the WI to log in to the user VM, "Starting the client ..." is displayed, but the client is not started finally and no error message is displayed.
1. On the TC or PC, choose Start.
2. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit and press Enter to open the registry entry.
3. Search for registry item hwcloud, and check the URL Protocol value.
4. If the URL Protocol value does not exist, edit its value to C:\Program Files\Huawei\HDPClient\HDPClient.exe.
5. If the value exists, restart the TC and user VM, and then log in to the user VM using the WI.
The possible causes are as follows:
1. "The client plug-in is not installed." is not displayed on the WI page, indicating that the client is installed.
2. No error message is displayed, which indicates that the user VM connection failure is not caused by any module loading failures.
3. The cause is that the WI tries to start the client using the browser but fails.
An error message will be displayed if the user VM fails to be connected due to any module loading failures.