Set the BMC user password for the server.
Impact on the System
This operation has no adverse impact on the system.
You have entered the basic input/output system (BIOS). For details, see Entering the BIOS.
BMC user password
1. Select Advanced > IPMI BMC Configuration and press Enter.
The IPMI BMC Configuration screen is displayed, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 IPMI BMC Configuration
2. Select BMC Configuration and press Enter.
The BMC Configuration screen is displayed, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 BMC Configuration
3. Select Reset BMC User Password and press Enter.
The Reset BMC User Password dialog box is displayed, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 Change BMC User Password
4. Enter the BMC user password and press Enter.
The password must be a string of 8 to 16 characters and contain the following characters:
At least one space or one of the following special characters:
Uppercase letters (A to Z)
Lowercase letters (a to z)
Digits (0 to 9)
5. Enter the password again and press Enter.
The Changes have been saved dialog box is displayed, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Saving configuration
6. Press Enter.
Save the configuration.