When upgrading eSight to V300R007 version, the license must be upgraded as well. If you want to upgrade to V300R006, this can be done easy by "version change" option in ESDP.
But when upgrading from V300R006 to V300R007, this requires multiple steps, as there incompatibility between these versions.
Bellow are the steps to upgrade eSight from V300R006 to V300R007:
1. Check the bulletin regarding the Rectification Notice on License Incompatibility After eSight Is Upgraded to eSight V300R007:
2. Download and ask eSight R&D to complete the excel with corresponding items based on customer old license (License Rectification Demand Template that can be found in the provided link)
3. Start a batch replacement workflow using the bellow link in which you will upload the completed excel, the old license and a picture with the contract on which eSight was purchased
4. When the workflow will be approved by all the approvers, you will receive an e-mail like the one bellow:
Comments：Please find the
License file in ESDP system according to the Contract No. provided in this
e-flow. (Not found the contract no.?Please click to open "Detailed
Approval Log" to find).
Please click the link as below:
5. Revoke the old license from eSDP (V300R006 version license)
6. Based on the contract number received in step 4, search for the new license and activate on the customer serial number (physical server serial number)
7. Download and sent the new license to customer