Q: For MA5200F/G PPPOE service, what should be noted when radius server uses No. 22 attribute of Frame-route to advertise network segment routes?
1. A route equipment is attached to MA5200F/G, which acts as a client of MA5200F/G by PPPOE dial-up. If the routes in other network segments of the route equipment need management and advertisement by RADIUS server connecting with MA5200F/G, they could be advertised by RADIUS No. 22 attribute (Framed-route) ;
2. The format for radius to advertise No. 22 attribute is 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.1.1 1 2; the format of mask must be mask length such as "/24", and that of format such as "255.255.255.0" will not take effect;
3. Generally, No. 22 attribute is used together with No. 8 of Framed-IP-Address because the application route equipment needs a fixed IP address; in No. 22 attribute, the next hop of the route is the IP addressed advertised by No. 8 attribute;
4. The IP address and the next hop of the route advertised by No. 22 attribute could be in either the same or different network segment, which depends on the route equipment attached;
5. If MA5200F/G runs dynamic routing protocols, it needs to execute import static command to advertise the command, ensuring the services normal.
Notice: For MA5200F,only pppoe-leased-line type user can act as route next hop router.If advertise NO.22 attribute with nomal PPPoE user , it'll not be take effect.