For MA5200F R007, the display trap command helps find a great deal of alarms on address pool allocation failure of default0 domain, and they overwrite some useful alarms.
# [08/24/2005 15:21:21-] AM-5-07072000:
Fail to alloc IP address Domain : default0
1. Check if there is abnormal alarms, and check the CPU utilization and traffic statistics; everything is normal.
2. Use display aaa offline-record command find why address allocation fails and users fail to come online:
User name : MA5200F-vlan-09-1151@default0
User MAC : 0011-××××-00a×
User access type : normal vlan
User access slot : 0
User port type : Ethernet
User access port : 9
User access Vlan : 1151
User IP address : 255.255.255.255
User ID : 905
User authen state : Authened
User acct state : AcctIdle
User author state : AuthorIdle
User acct sessionID: MG_5200050824160634466cb91d00905
User login time : 1970/01/01 00:00:00
User offline time : 2005/08/24 16:06:34
User offline reason: CM IP address alloc fail
3. After investigation, the user is of pppoe dialin user. Check the portvlan information of the user, and it is found that:
display portvlan ethernet 9 vlan 1144
Access type : Layer2-subscriber
Portvlan state : Updated
Portvlan name : ×××DSLAM
Pre-authentication default domain : default0
Authentication default domain : mingguang
Replace authentication domain mode : none
Roam domain : default1
Accounting copy RADIUS server : -
Authentication method : [pppoe] [web]
Access limit : 1024
VLAN host car : 0
Nas port type : ethernet (15)
Static user : -
DHCP broadcast : Off
Client option82 : Off
DHCP short lease : -
ARP proxy : On
Multi-broadcast control : Off
IP Trigger : Off
WLAN switch : Off
WLAN type : -
Accept AS authorization : On
The access of portvlan has two types of pppoe and web.
By default, MA5200F provides two types of authentication of pppoe and web for portvlan, and the pre-authentication domain is default0. The user will be authentication in the pre-authentication domain and be allocated with address once the device is started. The authentication mode of default0 domain is non-authentication. Although the user passes authentication, the default0 domain does not reference address pool. So it prompts the offline reasons and alarms for address allocation failure.
4. Solution: set the access of portvlan to pppoe, and the command in portvlan view is access-type pppoe.
1. A great deal of users apply for IP addresses with evil purpose.
2. The device is not configured correctly (it is the reason of the problem).
Engineers should follow the deployment guide to configure the data. You should ensure that services can be enabled, and also the data is correct.