Some site uses S9306 device to interconnect with peer end J Co.ERX device. Do link aggregation and let three GE link bundle. Mutual configuration is complete, found it impossible to ping each other's management address.
1. First view the date configuration, confirm the date on S9300 has been configured correctly. Configuration of the eth－trunk 1 and added to the three member ports. Confirm the data of peer end equipment is configured correctly
2. Check the state of the three member physical ports and trunk port on S9306, they are UP. Duplex mode and other configurations are match to peer end, so exclude suspected.
3. View the MAC address learning, discovery, we have learned to peer end MAC address, but have no peer end’s ARP entry. Remind their engineers view the MAC address learning. Feedback the MAC address and ARP entry of S9306 that did not learn. This indicates that the aggregation may not be successfully.
After confirmation, the peer end has enable LACP. Because S9306 use a manual aggregation, so there isn’t LACP consolation. If the JCo. Device close LACP consolation, it can ping successfully，problem will been solved.
1. Data configuration problems
2. Interface or optical path problems
3. Both sides to cooperate problems
Link aggregation, must pay attention to determine the two sides of the specific poly mediation docking with peer vendors’ equipment. Pay attention to whether it do LACP negotiation and so on to void winding detours.