• You have obtained the IP address of the SUSE Linux operating system.
• The communication between the PC and the SUSE Linux operating system is normal, shown in Figure 1 is displayed.
• You have obtained the file to be uploaded to the SUSE Linux operating system and have saved the file to the PC.
• You have contact Huawei technical support engineers to obtain WinSCP.zip at http://support.huawei.com and decompressed it to the PC.
You can navigate to Search for software in Software Center and use the package name as the keyword to quickly locate a tool package.
• You have obtained the user password of the SUSE Linux operating system.
Figure 1 PC and SUSE Linux operating system network connection
1) Double-click WinSCP.exe to start the tool.
2) On the WinSCP Login page, enter the SUSE Linux operating system IP address in Host name, set Port number to 22, File protocol to SFTP, User name to root, Password to Changeme_123 and click Login. Figure 2 shows the WinSCP login page.
Figure 2 WinSCP Login
If you use WinSCP to connect to a SUSE Linux operating system the first time, the system will ask you to add host key. Click Yes.
3) In the displayed dialog box, enter the user name of the target SUSE Linux operating system, and click OK. If the message You are trying to access a restricted zone. Only Authorized Users allowed. is displayed, click Continue.
4) In the displayed dialog box, enter the password for the SUSE Linux operating system user, and click OK.
5) After you log in to the WinSCP, a page is displayed. The left pane on the page displays the local directory, and the right pane displays the SUSE Linux operating system for you to select:/home/NetEcoSoftware.
6) In the left pane, select the desired software file from the local file list, and press F5. On the displayed page for transferring files, click Copy to upload the file.