Configure BMC network information, including a mode of obtaining the BMC IP address and the BMC IP address, subnet mask, and gateway.
Impact on the System
This operation has no adverse impact on the system.
You have accessed basic input/output system (BIOS). For details, see Accessing the BIOS.
The following data is available:
BMC IP address
BMC subnet mask
1. Choose Server Mgmt > BMC network configuration and press Enter.
The BMC Configuration screen appears, showing the IP address of BMC. See Figure 1.
Figure 1 BMC network configuration screen
The parameters NetMode Select, IPv6 IP Source, IPv6 Prefix Length, IPv6 IP Address, and IPv6 Gateway Address are unavailable for the E9000 server. NetMode Select cannot be set for the
2. Set NetMode Select and press Enter.
3. Choose Dedicated, Shared or Adaptive from the short-cut menu that appears and press Enter.
Selects a BMC network port type. You can select the management network port or a service network port as the BMC network port for communicating with the BMC. The options are as follows:
Dedicated: If you select Dedicated, a management network port is used as the BMC network port.
Shared: If you select Shared, a specified service network port is used as the BMC network port.
Adaptive: You can use either the management network port or service network port to log in to the BMC, depending on the network port to which the network cable is connected.
You can select Dedicated to set BMC IP address parameters for the management network port or select Shared to set BMC IP address parameters.
4. Choose IPVv4 IP Source and press Enter.
5. From the short-cut menu that appears, choose a mode of obtaining the BMC IPv4 IP address.
Static: Go to 6.
DHCP: Go to 13.
The default mode of obtaining the BMC IPv4 IP address is Static.
6. Choose Static and press Enter.
7. Choose IPv4 IP Address and press Enter.
The Set IPv4 IP Address dialog box appears.
8. Enter the IP address and press Enter.
9. Choose IPv4 Subnet Mask and press Enter.
The Set IPv4 Subnet Mask dialog box appears.
10. Enter the BMC IPv4 subnet mask and press Enter.
11. Choose IPv4 Gateway Address and press Enter.
The Set IPv4 Gateway Address dialog box appears.
12. Enter the BMC IPv4 gateway and press Enter.
After performing this step, skip 13.
The manual configuration of BMC network information is complete.
13. Choose DHCP and press Enter.
BMC network information is dynamically obtained using dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP).