MA5200F version: MA2.10-7138 (independent of version)
Symptoms: The PPPOE users under MA5200F drop offline after four hours online, nad the reason is idle cut.
1. Execute display aaa offline-record command to check the offline reasons, and and most users get offline because idle cut, and the online time is 4 hours.
2. Execute debug radius packet command, and it is found that RADIUS floods the No. 28 attribute idle-timeout, and the value is 14400 seconds, namely, four hours.
3. Execute display domain isp command to check the domain, and the domain is not configured with the parameter of idle cut:
“ Idle-data-attribute (time,rate) : - ”.
4. Change the idle cut in the domain to 120 minutes and 0 Kbyte/minute, and a lot of users get offline because of idle cut.
5. Use radius attribute translation tool to disable No. 28 idle-timeout, and some users drop offline because of idle cut; the offline time turns to 2-hour.
6. Execute undo idle cut, and the problem is solved.
If RADIUS floods the idle-timeout attribute, and the domain is not configured with the time and speed for idle-cut, MA5200F uses the default 30 minutes and 60KB/minute (Note: the local is not configured with speed, but it takes effect , and it is 60K byte/minute). If RADIUS does not floods the attribute, and the local device is configured with the parameter, the one configured at local will take effect. Only if RADIUS does not flood the attribute and the local device is not configured with speed, no dropping offline occurs because of idle cut.
In the case, the users drop offline after four hours online because RADIUS floods the idle-timeout attribute. Although the local domain is not configured with idle cut, the default speed of 60K byte/minute will take effect. Moreover, the offline time is two hours, and this is because the local is configured with idle cut, and it takes effect.