After the VSM server is installed, the installation Web page (http://IP address of the server:8080/cau) of the VSM client software cannot be displayed. The Web page cannot be displayed on the server either
Cause 1: The communication fails between the server and the client.
1. Use the Ping command to check the connectivity between the client and the server.
2. Check whether the VSM client has already been installed through online installation. If the VSM client has been installed, uninstall the client software and ensure that the .cau file in the %USERPROFILE% directory (such as C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator) is deleted.
Cause 2: The CAU service on the client is disabled.
1. Log in to the server as the administrator and check whether the server is started normally.
2. Check whether the client upgrade service process (CAU service process) is started.
For a VSM server running on Windows operating system, the CAU Web service is not automatically started by default if the memory of the server is smaller than 3 GB.
To enable the service, copy the all the files in vsm\common\Tomcat\webapps\not_support\cau to vsm\common\Tomcat\webapps\cau. System restart is not needed.
3. Check whether the Web service is enabled and whether the port (on 8080) on the server is open for online installation of the client software
The possible causes are as follows:
l Cause 1: The communication fails between the client and the server.
l Cause 2: The CAU service on the server is disabled.
Before you install the VSM server or client software, complete preinstallation check according to the installation guide to ensure a successful installation