Failed to reinstall SQL Server database.
Ensure that the following path does not exist space or punctuation or Chinese character:
1. The path of installation packages
2. The path of the database which is waiting for installing
According to the following method to uninstall the database correctly.
Here taking Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for example to introduce.
1. Before uninstalling Microsoft SQL Server 2000, need to stop the database Server to exit the database service manager.
2. Click "start > control panel", it will pop-up "control panel" window.
3. Double click "add or remove programs", it will pop-up "add or remove programs" window.
4. Select the "Microsoft SQL Server 2000", click "change/delete".
5. Click "yes", it will appear uninstalling progress bar, waiting.
6. According to the prompting information complete the residual operations.
7. Delete the “MSSQL2000” folder of database installation directory.
8. Delete “Microsoft SQL Server” folder of “Program Files” folder, which is under the operating system installation directory.
9. Delete “MSDesigners7” and “MSDesigners98” folders of “Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared” directory, which is under the operating system installation directory.
10. Delete the following registry information:
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\SQLServer 2000
After completed the above operations, restart your operating system.
Ensure that the registry does not exist the key value "PendingFileRenameOperations".
Try to reinstall the database.
If after completed the above operations, it still cannot install database, it may be due to the computer infected virus, can try to use anti-virus software to kill the virus.
May be the following reasons lead to reinstall the database failure:
The path installed the software package contains spaces or punctuation or Chinese character.
The database path which is waiting for installation contains Spaces or punctuation or Chinese character.
The database hasn’t been thoroughly reinstalled and it exists junk files.
The registry information error or it hasn’t been removed thoroughly.
The computer system infected virus.
Can refer to the Windows online help to open the registry.