1. Exceptions occurred during program running are located using the Process Monitor tool which can be downloaded at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx.
2. Open the Process Monitor tool and run the JRE installation program. When the error message is displayed, click the icon as shown in the following figure to stop the Process Monitor tool.
3. Choose Filter > Filter. In the displayed Process Monitor Filter dialog box, click Reset. Then, add msiexec.exe and the name of the JRE installation program (jre-7u60-windows-i586.exe in the following figure) as two filter criteria, and click OK.
4. Press Ctrl+F and enter jre1.7.0_07-c.msi to search for records about the jre1.7.0_07-c.msi file.
5. In the Process Monitor tool, check the first several lines of the record about the jre1.7.0_07-c.msi file.
The result indicates that the msiexec.exe program can read the HKCR\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF238120770FF registry entry but cannot read the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF238120770FF registry entry. As a result, the problem may occur because the msiexec.exe program read the HKCR\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF238120770FF registry entry which should not be read.
6. Right-click HKCR\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF238120770FF and choose Jump To from the shortcut menu to open the register entry. Delete 4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF238120770FF and run the JRE installation program again.
The JRE installation is successful.